What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their user account.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
GPPR Compliance for EU Clients
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) was passed by the European Parliament to create a harmonized data privacy law across member states of the European Union (EU). Its purpose is to support privacy as a fundamental human right and therefore give EU residents rights over how their personal data is processed or otherwise used.
The rights of an EU resident under the GDPR, and how you can exercise those rights are:
- Right of access: You, as a client of Hudson Institute can ask us what personal data is being processed (used), why and where.
- Right to rectification: If you want to correct, revise or remove any of the data we retain on you may do so at any time.
- Right to be forgotten: If you wish to discontinue your relationship with the Hudson Institute at any time, we will permanently remove your account and all information associated with it.
- Right to restrict processing: If you believe your personal data is inaccurate or collected unlawfully, you may request limited use of your personal data.
- Right of portability: We will provide you with the ability to move any of your account data to a third party at any time.
- Right to object: If you decide that you no longer wish to allow your data to be included in our analytics or for us to provide personalized marketing content at any time, you may contact us to request removal of this data.
The Hudson Institute will provide the necessary mechanism to comply with requests from you, and support you in fulfilling GDPR requests.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
This policy was last modified on February 9, 2016
41 Hitchcock Way, Suite C
Santa Barbara, CA 93105